1

Total Pageviews

Friday, December 21, 2018

Still Lost, but I’m not Alone

Haven’t post for awhile. That ends today. I’m still rather “lost”, but life is often like that. I’m still in Perryville-home of the good, the bad, and the ugly. Sometimes I feel like the “Man who Knew too Much” I enjoy talking with people- everyone’s got a story.
Yesterday I met Bob in the P.O.  I have to go there now for my mail, but that’s another story. He was full of the holiday spirit, ebullient, and wished everyone a happy holiday.
I thanked him outside again when he held the door open for me.
He then told me in his rather fast-talking way about aspects of his life- takes care of his handicapped son and is actually worried about the holidays as he’s broke.
I suggested one of the local churches but no-go, they were empty.
I gave him $20- sad day if I can’t share some of what’s in my wallet.
I then gave him a ride to a local convenience station.
He told me he is quite religious, said a prayer, and continued talking.
Viking Bob, he looks like a finely built one, said he didn’t currently belong to a Church  but would like to. Last one he belonged to was nearby. A service attendee told him if he couldn’t keep his son quiet and still he should get out. He explained his son’s handicap but was still told he wasn’t wanted and to get out. Likely also wasn’t prett enough.
So they did.
Sad. So I suggested a new church and suggested introducing himself to the church personally beforehand rather than just attending. It was pleasant just talking with him.
We then both went our different ways- me to manage a recent investment and him to get food.
Ironic and sad this holiday season. He had no reason to be happy and yet was truly so and shared it.
Cheered me up after recent disasters.
Am I more deserving, luckier, or harder working? Beats me.  Can’t help but think about our being the richest country ever and yet we all see more and more poverty everyday.



No comments :

Post a Comment