1

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 31, 2018

U. S. . Post Office- Playing Hide & Seek

Sent a check by priority mail to R.I. with delivery by Dec. 24.  Perfect.
 Began it’s long journey in Linthicum. Md. for the next 2 days. Then Capital Heights for a day, then Randallstown, Md.
It was resent to Linthicum for another day, then it made it to Newark, NJ for 2 days. Then a lovely trip to Teterboro, NJ for a day. From there back to Newark and then Tetrrboro where it still sits since Dec. 29.
I complained to local PO and they said they’d look into it. Today on the Tracking site it says that it will be late (!), and it’s still in transit.
It will be interesting to see which gets there first- priority or the one I sent 1st thing Saturday morning by regular mail. Time was of the essence, but...
Mind you, I live on the border of Delaware. Non of the places in Md. are even near me.
You let me down! Big time. And going to online to find out what’s up produced nothing, let alone phoning. Just got caught in recorded loops.
Grrrr!

After Teterboro, NJ, then back to Newark, NJ for a lovely 2 day visit.  A diverting excursion to Springfield, Mass. (western part), then Providence, RI.  Yahoo- vey close.  Nope, diverted to Brewster, Mass. (wrong side of Cape Cod).  But short stay, then back to Prov.  Hey, no one wants to travel to the Cape now.  Next day it’s Boston- a good ride from Newport but a fun town anytime of the year. Back to Providence, then Newport!  Arrived today. Express Mail was sent Dec 21.  It’s now Jan. 5- 15 days! Poor envelope must be exhausted.
BTW, I resent it regular mail and it took Sat.-Friday.  The good news is that my local post office tried everyday to help me and keep me up-to-date.
I’m exhausted just writing this. If I had any energy or expertise I’d post a travel map of the poor little envelope which will now end up in the tras can. Unless the cute Corgi with the fab butt, chews it up.


No comments :

Post a Comment