1

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Birthday

to me!



Still here!  Older, wiser, and not as good-looking!  What can I say- I've LIVED! 

I have a recipe for you bakers & doughnut-lovers.  No, it's not a doughnut but a muffin.  Not fried.  Yum!  Easy to make.  My friend says it's the nutmeg that does the trick.  Every New Englander LOVES doughnuts. Heck, there's a D.D. on every corner.  Why?  Beats me.  It's been like this since I was a kid.  When they finally opened a doughnut store near us in Balto. Co. (name?) many years ago, we were frequent visitors.  Heavenly and with a zillion choices.  No need to wait for the Cape & summer vacation.  No, this recipe is not the Dunkin Donuts' dunker, but damn close! 

Coffee??? Like, what's the point without a doughnut.  Plain works for me.  But my secret choice (rarely made) is jelly.  Once, when my family was away, I had a contest with myself.  Bought a dozen and was able to consume---8.  Doubt if I could still do the same- LOL!  Ahh, calories then were meaningless.  Now--- why go to all the trouble of eating that jelly doughnut?  I may as well just slap that sucker on my hips!

My favorite doughnut memory is buying them still warm from the Sandwich, Mass. (Cape Cod) bakery.  Happy times many years ago with many family and friends around.

So enjoy and feel free to share any birthday/doughnut stories!

No comments :

Post a Comment